Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VV24
Helper III
Helper III

Maximum amount of exports made with Power Automate and Paginated reports

dear all,

i build a report with the paginated report builder and published it in a premium workspace. Now I would like to make an (parameterized) export from this report every month. The paramter contains 600 values ( so Im going to get 600 exports) and save them as a .pdf on a sharepoint list (or email them).

My question is though, what is the maximum amount of exports that I can create? Is it possible to run all exports and save/send them in 1 hour?

best

5 REPLIES 5
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VV24,

Here is the limitations of Power Automate and Paginated reports, Please refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config

https://alphabold.com/limitations-in-power-bi-paginated-reports-and-their-workarounds/

Best Regards,

Link

VV24
Helper III
Helper III

Dear all,

I figured out that a single report takes around 32-35 seconds to render for a single parameter. with the apply to each function in power automate and the maximum of 25 parallel actions this means that a maximum of 40-50 reports per minute is possible. is that correct? any other ideas?

best

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @VV24 ,

Since you mentioned 25 parallel actions, Do we have any limitation of parallel export of paginated report pages?

When I am trying to export 50 times in parallel, Only 25 of the exports are successful and rest are in failed state. 
Could anyone help me with this?

are you on premium subscription or premium per user?

check the limitations in the next comment. maybe you are overasking the api?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on Premium subscription. Even if I overask API, the remaining export should wait until the previous ones are completed right?

Referred second paragraph in concurrent requests
Export Power BI embedded analytics reports API - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors