Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sanketpathre

Max size limit for bookmark state

Hi There,

We are embeding power bi report in our site and it is working as expected.
Now we need to implement bookMark functionality  same as power bi site.
We are able to consume power bi api to capture bookmark states as below

var bookMark = report.bookmarksManager.capture({
allPages: true,
personalizeVisuals: true
});
/*
next we do api call to save this "bookMark" against loggedin user. 
*/

On server side we uses table storage to store this "bookMark" object. but there are some reports for which it give size exception.
We want to know what could be max size for bookMark state so that we can split it accordingly and store on table storage in different columns.
Table storage has column size limitation of max 32kb data (for utf-16 char code). Hence planning to store bookmark state in multiple columns like state1, state2 and then combine state (state1+state2) while retriving.

But for this we need assured info about what could be the max size for any power bookmark state?
Any direction to save such huge data  or give approximate supportive data could be helpfull for us to take decision. 
Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @sanketpathre 

Sorry, I didn't find relevant information after searching. You can try to simplify the content of the bookmark and see if the error disappears.

Reference:

Enhance your users' experience with bookmarks in Power BI embedded analytics | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Hi v-janeyg-msft

I  think you didnt get my question. The link, that you forwarded, I already been thorugh that.
My question is what is max size of capture state for any report, so that we could accomodate fixed or dynamic size in backend where we are saving bookmark state. We are able to capture and save bookmark state. but we come up with some scinario where that capture state size is beyond limitaion of azure table storage column data limit.
So just want to know how much max that size can go of capture state?

Hello @sanketpathre 

Sorry, I'm relatively new to your problem, I check the documents but they don't mention about max size of capture state. I suggest you go to js api forum to ask questions, maybe someone will know. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors