cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iwf Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Matrix table - can user change the rows hierarchy

Hi,

I have matrix table where rows are defined as Account type - Account - Revenue type - Market.

I know all about the drilling up and down for selected records, that you can go to next level (for all records). But is there any way how user can change the row hierarchy. To switch it so the values will be calculated for examle Revenue type - Account - Account type - Market. I mean dynamically change the levels, just like in the excel pivot table to drag and drop fields in the rows?

Or is there any work around?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Matrix table - can user change the rows hierarchy

hi, @iwf 

If users want to change the rows hierarchy are defined. they need to have edit rights to this report for now.

As a workaround, you could use Bookmark to get a similar effect, here is a blog for you refer to:

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

And you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hi, @iwf 

If users want to change the rows hierarchy are defined. they need to have edit rights to this report for now.

As a workaround, you could use Bookmark to get a similar effect, here is a blog for you refer to:

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

And you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
iwf Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I saw that workaround, but if you have like 4 levels, so when you count possible combinations, you will end with huge amount of Bookmarks. That is not handy.

thank you for your answer