Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix showing the wrong measure values and error when row is expanded/collapsed, but not in Desktop

So I have a report on Desktop which all shows the right value and functions well, but there's one matrix on the published version which poses this problem. Because my data is sensitive, I'm just going to post a portion of it.

This matrix have two measure columns that showed the wrong row aggregation value and didn't sort by itself when it's supposed to. Here are the columns when on Desktop (right values and sorted by rank):

Untitled.png

When on Service (wrong values and not sorted):

Untitled1.png

Also when I tried to expand or collapse from the row headers, the visual will have the "Can't display the visual" error, all the meanwhile it doesn't have this error when I'm drilling down/up from the visual header. Here is the error message:

Untitled2.png

One thing I noticed is that, when I first open the published version after publishing it, for a slight time the matrix shows the right values and sorted, but there's still the loading icon on the left-top of the matrix which means it is not fully loaded.

After it loads, it shows the wrong value as I described earlier.

This report have been published for around 5 months and I never change the measure values.

I have never encountered this kind of issue and i hope i could get a solution with this.

Thank you.

UPDATE: So while I was trying to figure out, I realized that the error for the matrix only happens when I add conditional formatting for the two measures which shows wrong values on service. After I removed both conditional formattings, the measure columns show the intended value and don't give errors. This doesn't make sense since Formatting shouldn't even be messing with the value calculation, so my guess is that something has to do with the recent update changes.  I need conditional formatting for the 2 measures, therefore I need a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it happened a week ago when I republish the report, I still don't know what causes it, probably either from my own dataset updates or power BI updates.

Found a workaround solution:

The thing I noticed is that, when I use background Conditional Formatting for the rank measure column without stating a custom minimum value and maximum value on the rules (in which keeping it default min and max), this causes not only its column values to be incorrect but the Cont. value as well. The workaround is to give a custom value to the min and max rules value, it fixes it.

Thank for the suggestion, I will look after this problem later when I have the time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Did the report  show the right value and functions before ?Has the problem only started recently?

On the forum side, it's hard for us to provide any more support about this issue. It is suggest you open a support ticket to get dedicated support from the Microsoft personally.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it happened a week ago when I republish the report, I still don't know what causes it, probably either from my own dataset updates or power BI updates.

Found a workaround solution:

The thing I noticed is that, when I use background Conditional Formatting for the rank measure column without stating a custom minimum value and maximum value on the rules (in which keeping it default min and max), this causes not only its column values to be incorrect but the Cont. value as well. The workaround is to give a custom value to the min and max rules value, it fixes it.

Thank for the suggestion, I will look after this problem later when I have the time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors