Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ltsh

Matrix - not show data in total row

Hi everyone,

I have population data. it contains detail like Region, Sub region, Country, 2020 population,  2019 population and others. I want to use matrix control so I can show the values like following snap. When I pull country from Rows to "Value" section of matrix, it is showing me with the first country in total rows. But I want to not show the first country in total rows and show sum of 2020 population, 2019 population, and percantage only (I want to not show country as yellow text bar).

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ltsh,

Please refer to the following blogs to know how to find out the specific hierarchy level of row contents, you can add filter to check the current level and replace the specific level of blank to ignore the total level value displayed.

Clever Hierarchy Handling in DAX 

Use IsInScope to get the right hierarchy level in DAX 

In addition, the simplest way is doing 'subtotal'/'grand total' settings on format panel, you can accurately control which field total displayed.

Create matrix visualizations in Power BI#subtotals-and-grand-totals-with-matrix-visuals 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ltsh,

Please refer to the following blogs to know how to find out the specific hierarchy level of row contents, you can add filter to check the current level and replace the specific level of blank to ignore the total level value displayed.

Clever Hierarchy Handling in DAX 

Use IsInScope to get the right hierarchy level in DAX 

In addition, the simplest way is doing 'subtotal'/'grand total' settings on format panel, you can accurately control which field total displayed.

Create matrix visualizations in Power BI#subtotals-and-grand-totals-with-matrix-visuals 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @Ltsh,

Why you are putting countries on values; instead of putting it on rows or columns to get the data of all countries in each region?

Looking for more clarification in order to help you.

Best wishes.

----------------------------------------------

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Don't forget to like my post please.

Hi @Motasem_Yakhola 

Because I want Sub region, country, population and percentage in same line.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors