Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tanyad
Advocate III
Advocate III

Matrix Table in the Service - Controls not showing

Again today the controls for the Matrix Table (drill down, expand etc..) do not show in the service.  They show fine in the desktop. 

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I have found the issue.  It seems that when I accidentally turned on Hide Header, but then turned it off using the report settings, in the Service it does not turn off on each visual (once you have turned it on).  I had to go to each individual visual setting and turn on the Visual Header setting.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
pmewada

Table.PNGHi All,

I am facing problem to create a matrix or normal table in the attached screenshot.

I am looking for a table or code to get the values in this form.

The total column contains only the total of those values which I am showing in Months, Others column contain the values as is it available in Data Base for month wise.

I appreciate for this if anyone can give me the answer for the Same.

Thanks,

Pradeep M. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tanyad,

I can't reproduce this issue on my side, can you please share more detail about your scenario?

If you mean pin matrix visual to dashboard and can't find out drill options. It not means an issue, current power bi not support to use drill features on dashboard tiles.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,  I am not talking about dashboards, I am talking about reports only.  

Desktop Version I am using:-

2018-09-03_21-08-10.jpg

And have these features switched on

2018-09-03_21-07-40.jpg

In the desktop I can see the controls

2018-09-03_21-08-37.jpg

When viewing in the service the controls do not show (the below image is taken when i was hovering over where the controls should be - i hovered over everywhere to try and get the controls to show but they don't).

2018-09-03_21-11-35.jpg

I have another report that i uploaded to the Service a few weeks ago and that DOES show the controls in the Service

2018-09-03_21-10-58.jpg

I hope the above helps in trouble shooting the issue.

Hi @tanyad,

I think you are test in view mode, right? If this is a case, when you turn on 'hide header in reading view' option, power bi will hide visual header in view mode.

2018-09-03_21-07-40.jpg

You can see visual header in edit report mode or turn off above option to republish report to cancel these effect

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, not sure what you mean by Test view, i am only aware of edit or read view.

I have tried with  'hide header in reading view'  switch on and off and it makes no difference the controls do not show.

I have even deleted the reports and republished the file again, once with  'hide header in reading view'  on and once with  'hide header in reading view'  off.  Still does not make a difference.  Controls still do not show in the Service in READING VIEW

HI @tanyad,

I test on my matrix visual with 'hide header' option, I can confirm it works on my side.

45.gif

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi, I have found the issue.  It seems that when I accidentally turned on Hide Header, but then turned it off using the report settings, in the Service it does not turn off on each visual (once you have turned it on).  I had to go to each individual visual setting and turn on the Visual Header setting.

@v-shex-msft - Hi I can see it works for you, but for me, it still does not work

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors