Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Row Not Showing

Here is the Desktop Dropdown working just fine

ptawil_0-1603294977458.png

Yet when I publish the matrix to the online service this is what I get

ptawil_1-1603295016083.png

There is no dropdown. It only works when I edit it online and save but once I publish again from my desktop app the proper functionality is gone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

After fiddling around like an idiot I figured out that for whatever reason, resetting filters, slicers etc... to default (which honestly changed nothing as I didn't have any filters on in the first place) fixed it. If I had to guess what happened it's something to do with cache or an optimization in the service that didn't acknowledge the change in adding the row I guess.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
blantz

I've ran into this issue today. I tried resetting everything to default and republishing but online version is still not including the drop down for one specific line. Any updates on a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

After fiddling around like an idiot I figured out that for whatever reason, resetting filters, slicers etc... to default (which honestly changed nothing as I didn't have any filters on in the first place) fixed it. If I had to guess what happened it's something to do with cache or an optimization in the service that didn't acknowledge the change in adding the row I guess.

RenuKshirsagar
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello @Anonymous ,  

Are there any bookmarks on your report page? If yes, then make sure you saved the correct state of the matrix i.e. in the lowest drilled-down form.

If this is not the case, then can you please provide screenshot of your report blurring the data and giving an overview of the report visuals and other components. 

If this information is useful, then kindly hit LIKE or promote this information as a solution in order to help other end users to find this solution.  

Thanks,  

Renu KS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RenuKshirsagar Hey,

No bookmarks unfortunately.

On my Desktop App.

tKOYRyvC4L.png

This is how it looks like on the Online Report.

3qi4vtZjYj.png

Lime = Retailer

Red = Store

Blue = Salesman

There are filters but they're just to remove unecessary retailers and I have refreshed my data so that's not the problem either.

On the online service heres the matrix when I click on the edit button:

ptawil_0-1603354156583.png

So the row is there, it just won't display. If I remove it and add it back it works as intended but whenever I will publish from the Desktop App it will remove it again which isn't helpful.

Another update: If I export the summarized data I do get the Name of the person but when I refresh my page after I edit I lose the Name drilldown.

I am very lost

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors