Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raviahuja

Matrix Control in Power BI Service

Hello,

I have a week dimension and a sales fact in my power bi model. I created a matrix control & a week slicer to filter the matrix control, the slicer works well in the desktop version, however when I publish it to the web version it works only for records that matches with the week, if I select a week which does not exist in the fact table it shows the data for the last selected week. It changes only when I click the matrix control.

Power BI :Version: 2.48.4792.721 64-bit (July/2017)

Dimension

Week:

Columns: Week (contains week # 1-52)

Facts:

Sales:

Columns: Week, Product, Product Type, Sales Amt

Matrix -

Columns Product - Product Type

Values- Sales Amt

Relationship One to Many (Week - Sales) on Week #

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @raviahuja,

Do you still have this issue?

According to your description above, I have tested it with the same version of Power BI Desktop, and then published the report to Power BI service. The filter works all fine on both Desktop and service without this issue.

Could you post some screenshots on what you get on Power BI service? And it's better that you could also share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue. So that we can help further investigate on it. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here, or sent it to me in private message. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

Yes. the issue still persists, it occurs when I publish it to Power BI service. Here is the link to onedrive

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqNMOyOjzH8wa4n_FNycczNdJJg

Hi @raviahuja,

I have tested it with your shared pbix file, and the Slicer still works all fine with the Matrix visual in Power BI service on my environment.

Animation.gif

As I cannot reproduce this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on the issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors