Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Massive slowdown?

The two reports I update and maintain have suddenly both become incredibly slow, without any major changes to the reports, so I'm wondering if there's any news on the service suddenly becoming very slow?

It's happening in two areas.

First, publishing a new copy from the Desktop application is now VERY SLOW. The dial spins regular at first for a few seconds, then goes in fits and starts, alternating between spinning and freezing. And it's the whole program that is being slow; if I hover my mouse over the 'Cancel' button, there's a multi-second lag before the button gets highlighted. But Power BI Desktop does this ONLY when publishing

Also, the publish is now occasionally not replacing the dataset, instead giving an error. 

Secondly, ALL of the visualizations and slicers spend MINUTES spinning both when loading the report at app.powerbi.com as well as in the SharePoint pages where the reports are embedded.

Again, I've made no major adjustments to either report, and it's happening to both. If anything, I've been trying to slim them down recently, using the Query Editor to filter out unnecessary data and delete columns.

Ugh.

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, it looks like a problem of the network connection to PowerBI Service, I would suggest you checking the connection between the local machine and the PowerBI Service.

Best Regards,

Tiege

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean simply the Internet connection? Because everything else on my local machine is running fine. And there were others in my office with the same problem. In addition to the fact that I had an employee working from home yesterday who was having the same thing, with a completely different Internet connection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors