Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcs93
Helper I
Helper I

Mashup error in app space with SQL query and SharePoint Excel connection

Please help!

I'm getting the below error when I upload a PBIX that uses a SQL query (using windows credentials) and a SharePoint Excel file (using OATH credentials).  The Excel file provides a parameter to build the SQL query from (idea from https://youtu.be/iiNDq2VrZPY).

I have exhausted by troubleshooting abilities and have no idea what else I could do to resolve this issue.  For the record, I'm trying to use my Personal Gateway as our Enterprise Gateway won't connect to the SharePoint file location. Enterprise Gateway gives the same error

Annotation 2019-03-01 110922.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcs93 

Could you connect to two data source in Power BI Desktop correctly?

Check whether you could drag columns from them into visuals on the report page.

Do you connect to SQL with direct query or import?

When does the error occurs?

when you publish to Power BI Service or when you add data sources under the On-premises gateway?

What did you do for two data source?

Did you use to second(SharePoint Excel file ) to filter the first one(SQL)? 

How do you create parameters?

Based on my knowledge, when you create a parameter to connect data from SQL to Power BI, you don't need to create this parameter in another table.

That means in your scenario, you should not create parameter in a SharePoint Excel file.

You should create parameter as this article shows.

Best Regards

Maggie

@v-juanli-msft ,

I need the ability to change parameters on the fly for my client.  The idea that I shared has been the only idea I've seen to give this ability.

SQL was connected through both Import and Direct Query to assist in troubleshooting.  The error occurs when published through the On-Premises Gateway.

The Sharepoint file was used to filter the SQL Query, just as shown in the video.

The article you shared will not allow my customers to change parameters as they require to properly view the data.

The linked idea works well when saving the Excel document to a network resource, without the 'Mashup' errors.  How do I resolve the 'Mashup' error when connecting to the SharePoint document?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors