cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luis-martins
Frequent Visitor

MariaDB Gateway Connection

Hello PowerBI Community!

I have a problem that I already see the possible solution but it don't work on my case:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Mariadb-connector-in-on-permise-Gateway/m-p/1446167

I have a PowerBI report that have connection to MariaDB and SQL Server. 

In the Desktop solution, I have already make the connection successfully and without problem.

But when I pass to the GateWay instaled the VM in Azure, I have a problem. I have instaled the MariaDB connector,

https://mariadb.com/downloads/?showall=1&tab=connectors&group=mariadbconnectors&product=ODBC%20conne...

and also the MySQL connector. and I have copied the pqx file from the MariaDB ODBC to PowerBI connector, and It don't work

some help here?

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RicoZhou
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @luis-martins 

In the latest version of desktop, the desktop support to get data from MariaDB.

1.png

However in power bi service it is not support to add MariaDB in data source in manage gateway directly.

You can try to connect to MariaDB as an ODBC Data Source in power bi desktop and then set the refresh type as ODBC in Service.

For more details: 

Connect to MariaDB as an ODBC Data Source

Add MariaDB ODBC to on premise Gateway

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can vote up this idea for this function:
MariaDB support

Or you can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RicoZhou
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @luis-martins 

In the latest version of desktop, the desktop support to get data from MariaDB.

1.png

However in power bi service it is not support to add MariaDB in data source in manage gateway directly.

You can try to connect to MariaDB as an ODBC Data Source in power bi desktop and then set the refresh type as ODBC in Service.

For more details: 

Connect to MariaDB as an ODBC Data Source

Add MariaDB ODBC to on premise Gateway

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can vote up this idea for this function:
MariaDB support

Or you can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors