Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Margin and border gets added to the images inside the report on exporting to PPT

Hi,

Report Pages I created are in the ratio 16:9. I have tried explicitly specifying page size in pixels that will correspond to 16:9 ratio.

However, I see that margins/ borders are getting added and they are inconsistent (it is not added to all 4 sides of the report).

I tried to set an images in the ratio of 16:9 (FIT) for page background. However,  I get to see margin on the right and left side and the size of background image seems to be less than the way it appears on the report (and hence looks different from the way it appears on power BI Report)

What ratio should I use for Page Size while designing Power BI reports if I need to export to PPT?

How can I avoid seeing margin/ border in PPT?

Is there a way I can exclude the first slide (that appears in black color)?

The behavior seems to be in all versions including the latest Apr Edition.

Snap2.PNG

Thanks,

Mannu

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Mannu,

It seems you need to adjust the visuals to make them side by side. My test is fine as we can see from the snapshot below. 

Please refer to this documentation.

1. The size is 16:9.

2. I'm afraid the first page is a default page. You can delete it after downloading. I would suggest you create an idea here.

Margin_and_border_gets_added_to_the_images_inside_the_report_on_exporting_to_PPT

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft Dale,

Thanks for responding.

Solution suggested ensures that all visuals appear within the grey box.

It also means that we cannot use the complete canavas available (We need to leave a margin of 20 - 30 px on each side)

This is not specified anywhere in the documentation.

The work-around does not resolve the original issue. 

There is no need to include the grey border/ any border for that matter, around the report. 

Users typically like to view the PPT the way it is in the report and grey background may not go with the theme (of PPT/ report).

The idea is posted below: 

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34152016-remove-border-from-ppt

Thanks,

Mannu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors