Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Map not displaying points when in service

HI, 

I have map that works fine when on desktop, but gives no points when in app.powerBI service mode. It only showed individual point when selected in related table, and after that point stays stuck to map. Help pls, and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution found. All latitude and longitude must be formatted as decimal numbers, not as text. Text can pass under Desktop, but not in service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous Which visual? Is it out of box or custom? Also, check your format options, I'm not familiar with this error but there have been cases of some slight changes to the formatting that effects visuals in the Service after deployment.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for answering. This is map that comes with PowerBI desktop, not custom. There are 180 points, that display it self nicely when in PowerBI desktop, but when on service, there aren't any. Latitude and Longitude are set as data type Text, Latitude, Longitude. First picture is of Desktop, second is of Service. Also I noticed that names of oceans are in Croatian?, but also that there aren't any other names of streets or towns? I have set my regional settings to US, but it made no difference. 

2017-08-29_6-55-55.jpg2017-08-29_7-16-32.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution found. All latitude and longitude must be formatted as decimal numbers, not as text. Text can pass under Desktop, but not in service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors