Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zack93Murray
Regular Visitor

Map and filled visuals

The map visuals created in the desktop do not display in the Power BI service. The error is that map, and filled map visuals aren't enabled for your organization. Contact your tenant admin to fix this. The option to enable is not available to me under options-security. I have tried both the free and the pro-trial license. In the Power BI service, there are no admin features available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

you can still do it with a trial license but every org when it signs up for Power BI ( create the tenant) they have an Office 365 administartor who usually assigns all licenses for the org and also gets to control who can be a Power BI adminstrator. So unless that adminstrator of your company assigns you the admin rights or does that himself, these settings can't be changed( there are host of other settings that are there ) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/admin-tenant-settings#:~:text=Tenant%20settings%2....

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Marquian
Helper I
Helper I

I am not seeing the map when I publish it. It displays the data in the desktop view, but when I open the Team or PowerBi Service sites the map populates blank. Desktop view.pngOnline view.png

Zack93Murray
Regular Visitor

Just to confirm, I am doing a course on Power BI , as an individual, and doing all the exercises on my own version of Power BI desktop and Ppwer BI service using a 60-day pro trial license. All worked perfectly except for maps that don't display in Power BI service. So is this a limitation that will only be resolved once getting onto company license and admin? 

i have same issue how to change settings in tenant

you can still do it with a trial license but every org when it signs up for Power BI ( create the tenant) they have an Office 365 administartor who usually assigns all licenses for the org and also gets to control who can be a Power BI adminstrator. So unless that adminstrator of your company assigns you the admin rights or does that himself, these settings can't be changed( there are host of other settings that are there ) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/admin-tenant-settings#:~:text=Tenant%20settings%2....

It seems this is disabled by default for security reasons as you are processing your location data through an external provider, Tom Tom. 

i am using 60 days trail version how i will sign up again to add tenant??

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi!

You need to do it at 2 levels  - 1st on report options on desktop 

AbhiSSRS_0-1649268511478.png

2nd - Contact your tenant administrator and ask to enable this :(you wud not be able to do this as you dont have tenant admin rights)

Tenant Settings -> Integration settings -> Map and filled map visuals property.

AbhiSSRS_1-1649268547509.png

Thank you for responding. The map visuals setting you indicate, is not available in my desktop app. Second, I am an individual and do not have access to a tenant or tenant settings.

Hi! understand that you do not have tenant admin rights but this essentially needs to be done by a tenant administrator and every org usually has an IT dept with which you can raise this request. There is no other solution taht you can look to do yourself here with your access level.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors