cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuyInATesseract Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Many datasets, many reports - few users per dataset/report

I would like to distribute many reports, all based on their own separate datasets - and they all have a small number of specific users or groups.

The ideal would be the ability to create many different apps from a single workspace - but since that request ( Multiple apps from same workspace ) is not in the near future, what could be a solution?

John

11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

Re: Many datasets, many reports - few users per dataset/report

Multiple workspaces?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Frequent Visitor

Hi Greg, 

That is not an option - that would mean a couple of thousand of workspaces a year which I do not find feasible. So sorry for not being explicit - but the goal is avoid a load of workspaces.

John

Super User
Super User

OK, so what if you have all the reports in a single workspace but just share each report individually?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Frequent Visitor

But if datasets and reports exist in a single workspace - wouldn't that mean that all users could access all datasets and reports? That is not an option.

John

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @GuyInATesseract,

I would like to distribute many reports, all based on their own separate datasets - and they all have a small number of specific users or groups.

When you publish apps, you can grant access to specific users or groups rather than the whole organization. All these apps can be pubslihed inside a single app workspace.

But the requirement that create different apps based on the same dataset but avoid the duplicate of dataset is not supported now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

"But the requirement that create different apps based on the same dataset but avoid the duplicate of dataset is not supported now."

Duplication of datasets is not a problem - problem is that I can only create one app per workspace, as far as I can see. Can you confirm this?

Regards, John

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @GuyInATesseract,

It is allowed to publish multiple apps inside the same App WorkSpace. In your scenario, did you get any error prompt when you attempted to publish a second App?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Well, I just can't seem to find the option to add more apps. I can edit the existing, unpublish. How would I go around adding more apps to the same workspace?

Regards, John

Highlighted
cmaz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Very interesting thread. I checked this, did not find option to create a second app from the same app workspace. May be experts can help.

Untitled3.png