Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anandmitta
Helper I
Helper I

Manual Refresh showing data till last scheduled refresh time

Hi,

I have a report on my premim workspace and I have set a scheduled refresh everyday 12 AM.

I have tried a manual refresh next day afternoon but it still shows the data till the time scheduled refresh was scheduled.

Eg: I have data in my report till 17th january 11:59 PM(Scheduled refresh 18th Jan 12:00 AM). For some reason the data didn't get update even after the refresh was successful on 19th Jan 12:00 AM. So I tried to do a manual refresh on 19th Jan 7:30 PM. The manual refresh was successful but the data was updated only till 18th Jan 11:59 PM. I didn't get the 19th Jan data irrespective of doing a on demand refresh on 19th Jan 7:30 PM.

My question is: Even if we perform an on demand refresh, will the data be updated only till the last scheduled refresh time?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @anandmitta 

Are you using any of the functions to get a date/time, if you are they are all based in UTC so that could be why this is happening?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

I was using a function to filter the last 90 days data (Date.isinPreviousNdays). I found that the function doesn't include the current day data. I have added the below condition as well to the filter and now it's working fine

anandmitta_0-1643094944887.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @anandmitta ;

What’s your data connection mode (import, direct query or live connect)?

If you use direct query or live connect, manual refresh only refreshes the tiles on the dashboard.

Therefore, I suggest you to go to your dataset setting to check the refresh history. If it displays “Refresh failed”, please show me more information about your connection mode and error info.

More info about refresh in powerbi

vyalanwumsft_0-1643005397288.png

In general, the last refresh time and data should be time-related, not related to scheduled refreshes and manual refreshes.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @anandmitta 

Are you using any of the functions to get a date/time, if you are they are all based in UTC so that could be why this is happening?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I was using a function to filter the last 90 days data (Date.isinPreviousNdays). I found that the function doesn't include the current day data. I have added the below condition as well to the filter and now it's working fine

anandmitta_0-1643094944887.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors