Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Manual/Refresh Now not working for dashboards, is working on desktop

Hello,

I have a dashboard that I am able to refresh manually in the desktop app, but when I click the manual refresh option in the browser version of the report nothing happens.  No error generates and the reports to not update.  Is there something I can check to confirm what the issue is?

Currently, my only workaround is to refresh the desktop file and publish every time we need an updated stat.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SaganBigRedDog,

Which datasource and connection mode you apply on report? If it not the live connection mode, you need set up a gateway to manage your data and keep them up to date.

Configuring scheduled refresh

You can also refer to below article to know more about data refresh.

Data refresh in Power BI

Notice: these refresh features all contains refresh limit.(interval or refresh times)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

This is not for a scheduled refresh.  It's for a manual refresh (going to the report and clicking refresh). 

HI @SaganBigRedDog,

Even if you use refresh now, you still need to configure the datasource and its credential, which gateway used to handling refresh operation. Otherwise, I don't think refresh operation will be succeed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors