Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manual Refresh Errors

Hey Everyone,

First post here so let me know if I miss anything.

I have multiple datasets published to PBI service. Data sources are SQL and some sharepoint files.

I never have an issue with the scheduled refreshes at all. However, I often have an issue with a manual refresh. Whenever it occurs I get a nondescript error message:

Something went wrong
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 77de83a3-a49c-4ecc-8a9f-791d542a2e1b
Request ID: 29bcf717-f78b-88a8-6425-5e04684974b6
Time: 2020-09-23 12:41:42Z

When I go to look at the refresh history hoping there might be more details there, the manual refresh doesn't show. No failure or success.
This is occurring for multiple people in our organization on different computers and different browsers.
On Premise Data Gateway is up to date
Power BI Desktop is up to date.

Any help would be appreciated!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

The dreaded "intermittent error" problem.  I have seen this now and again.  The issue is being able to track it down and for that I suggest you open a ticket with Microsoft and have them guide you through that process.  It is probably somethng inside your network but it might be on their side as well so I suggest starting with them.  They will guide you through things like networks traces and audit logs and so on.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am assuming that you mean when you refresh in the service that you get the message?  And, if you hit refresh again like 5 minutes later does it work then or not at all?  When you hit refresh manually, are you signed in with a userid/password that has permissions to the data?

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey@collinq ,

Thanks for the help!

Yes, occasionally whenever another user or I hit the refresh button on a dataset inside of power bi service we will get that error.

Waiting 5- 10 minutes doesn't fix the issue. Waiting about an hour does though.

Refreshing the page/clearing browser cache doesn't fix the issue.

All users who have experienced issues are admins for the datasets/reports/workspaces/gateways.

Hi @Anonymous ,

The dreaded "intermittent error" problem.  I have seen this now and again.  The issue is being able to track it down and for that I suggest you open a ticket with Microsoft and have them guide you through that process.  It is probably somethng inside your network but it might be on their side as well so I suggest starting with them.  They will guide you through things like networks traces and audit logs and so on.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @collinq 

Yeah, I figured that would be the case. Tthanks for the assist!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors