Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

B_Caron
Frequent Visitor

Manual Data Entry in Power BI Services

Hi all,,

I was curious to see Power BI Services options for manual data entry. The business I am working for currently is using a simple KPI system and we are upgrading to Power BI. That being said, the simple KPI system in use is based on a mix between manual data entry from different regions and automation. I was wondering if Power BI services offered any options with manual data entry or if that is only a feature of Power BI desktop.

Thanks,

BC

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You could create an Excel sheet and manually input your date there and then create a PBI Desktop file that use this Excel sheet as a source.

/sdjensen

View solution in original post

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@B_Caron If you only want to use power bi service and not desktop, then you can use One Drive and do manual data entry there and connect to it live from power bi service.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
B_Caron
Frequent Visitor

@sdjensen

This will provide a awesome alternative for those waiting to upgrade to Drive One!

@ankitpatira

It hadn't cross my mind to do this, amazingly simple and efficient way to stream line the data entry!

Thanks for everyone for your great replies and I wish I could accept all of these as solutions as they serve different purposes. 

(I guess I can accept multiple answers! Nevermind)

This is my first post and am very excited to join the Power BI community.

Much Appericiated,

BC

What about power apps?

Can anything there integrate so that you can use power apps to record data and show PowerBI dashboards inside the app?

So use the app as a data entry wrapper around PowerBI?

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@B_Caron If you only want to use power bi service and not desktop, then you can use One Drive and do manual data entry there and connect to it live from power bi service.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I beleive this is a function of the desktop only. However, you can change your source file to update it as needed in the service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

You could create an Excel sheet and manually input your date there and then create a PBI Desktop file that use this Excel sheet as a source.

/sdjensen

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors