Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

huske

Managed Instance Data Refresh

I have a managed instance that I want to use as a data source with power bi online. It deployed within the company v-net and is considered on prem.

I've have the power bi gateway installed and I can schedule refreshes from a local non managed sql instance using on-premise gate way.

But when I try to use the managed sql instance data source Power BI generate the following message. 

You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud, but you can use a gateway for enhanced control over how you connect.

And I am unable to run the refreshes.

Even though the managed instance in the cloud, it's deployed within the V-Net so the only for Power BI to access it would be usign the gateway.

huske_1-1593797787996.png

huske_2-1593797788712.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @huske ,

Please check if the following is what you are looking for:

Use gateway for data sources on an Azure Virtual Network (VNet)

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What happens once you have installed the Gateway, configured it with a new data source and then configured it to use the Gateway?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors