cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kochsalz23
Frequent Visitor

Manage permission granting responsibility?

Hello there,

my co-workers have recently started using the "request access" feature in the PBI Service, and as the developer of the reports, I have been the sole person receiving and managing said requests. I would like to set specific users to be owners of specific reports and shift the responsibility of managing those requests to these users. 

Is there any way to this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kochsalz23 

you can try this,

-

vxiaotang_1-1631527155638.png

vxiaotang_0-1631527117494.png

Set contact information for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Do...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kochsalz23 

you can try this,

-

vxiaotang_1-1631527155638.png

vxiaotang_0-1631527117494.png

Set contact information for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Do...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@kochsalz23 

If you are using workspace to publish those reports, you can add other users as Admin (owner role) to that workspace. Whenever the user 'request access' using PBI service, all the Admins of that workspace will get notified and anyone from the Admin list can grant access by approving or deny access by denying.

ponnusamy_0-1631202034073.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors