Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DAXRichArd
Resolver I
Resolver I

Manage embed codes- associated report - disabled

Hello, I have had several reports published to the web for a few years. My oldest report is from October 2017. Two days ago my published reports were working. Now they are not.

When I go to the weblink I recieved a message that states "This content isn't available. Learn more about Power BI.

I go to my PowerBI workspace. From the settings I choose Manage embed codes. The status of all my reports reads "disabled."

I didn't disable the reports. And I don't know how to enabled them. Please help.PowerBI publish to web1.JPGPowerBI publish to web.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @DAXRichArd 

Sure, you would click on Settings, then Admin Portal.

Once in the Admin Portal, you would then click on Tenant settings and you can see the publish to web setting below.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It would appear that someone has gone into the Tenant settings and disabled Publish to Web

I would suggest contacting your Power BI Admin or Office 365 Admin

Power BI Blog

Hi GilbertQ,

Big thank you for your response.

Do you have a screen shot of where / what tenant settings would look like (e.g. File > Settings > Tenant Settings)

Thx again!

Hi @DAXRichArd 

Sure, you would click on Settings, then Admin Portal.

Once in the Admin Portal, you would then click on Tenant settings and you can see the publish to web setting below.

image.png

Power BI Blog

Gilbert Q,

Big thank you for helping me. You were absolutely correct! You rock! I can't thank you enough.

The back story is my organization is looking a putting governance around the publication of dashboards. And right now users are using the free service of publish to the web. My dashboards were block (without anyone contacting me) because IT did not know what they contained.

I'm reading up on PowerBI Pro and other products. PowerBI Report Server seems like a organization wide solution. But I'm having trouble finding an individual solution. That is for one single user, is there a product where I  could publish both "my organization" reports (dashboards) that can only be see internally as well as "my customer" reports (dashboards) that could be seen by anyone and not need any access requirements? I don't need collaboration, just need users to see and consume my dashboards.

Anyway. Sorry for being long in my 'backstory'. 

Again, big thanks. Your a savour!

DAXRichArd

Hi there

Glad that you found out why you could not see it any more.

With the Power BI licensing you would possibly need Power BI Report Server if you want to host it all internally (But no dashboards)

Or if you want to use the Power BI Service, every user who views the reports would need a Power BI Pro license, or they would need to access the dashboards and reports via a Power BI Premium App Workspace.

Power BI Blog

Thx!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors