Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manage data storage

Hi  I would like to confirm about the data storage of workspaces.

1.  Is storage limit = capacity limits?

2. I checked the following article, could you please kindly tell the storage limit of free users for Shared capacity workspaces?

3. Please kindly help to check the table I listed as below, is there any misunderstanding ?

Why no per-user storage limit for Premium  capacity workspaces, but the total limit is 100 TB, should it be no limit?

Or can’t exceed the storage limit of 100 TB. Please kindly explain.

Manage data storage in your workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

LicenseShared capacity workspacesPremium  capacity workspaces
Total:10GBTotal:100 TB
Free?No per-user storage limit
ProTotal usage can’t exceed the tenant storage limit of 10 GB multiplied by the number of Pro licenses in the tenantNo per-user storage limit
Premium Per User (PPU)100 TB storage limitNo per-user storage limit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Anonymous 

By default, workspaces, including personal workspaces(My workspace), are created in the shared capacity.

When you have Premium capacities, both My Workspaces and workspaces can be assigned to Premium capacities.

Capacity can be understood as a certain amount of resources, which consists of a set of processors, memory, and storage.It is no problem to think of the storage limit and memory limit as part of the capacity limit.

Free: Based on my test, a user can publish report to My Workspace in Power BI and can store there up to 10GB of data.

veasonfmsft_1-1666938413556.png

Pro:  A user can collaborate with other Pro license users on reports published to shared capacity (up to 10GB per user).
Premium-Premium Per User(PPU):Per user/month  A user can collaborate with other users on reports published to shared capacity (up to 100GB per user).Your entire PPU tenant has the same 100 TB storage limit that is applied to a Premium capacity.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Premium-Premium per capacity:Per capacity/month  It is not assigned to individual users but the entire organization. Within the subscription, an organization receives a dedicated Premium capacity. Storage is set to 100 TB per capacity node.  Users who have capacity assignment permissions can assign a workspace to the capacity.

Note that you can only select one license mode per workspace.

veasonfmsft_0-1666940805107.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Anonymous 

By default, workspaces, including personal workspaces(My workspace), are created in the shared capacity.

When you have Premium capacities, both My Workspaces and workspaces can be assigned to Premium capacities.

Capacity can be understood as a certain amount of resources, which consists of a set of processors, memory, and storage.It is no problem to think of the storage limit and memory limit as part of the capacity limit.

Free: Based on my test, a user can publish report to My Workspace in Power BI and can store there up to 10GB of data.

veasonfmsft_1-1666938413556.png

Pro:  A user can collaborate with other Pro license users on reports published to shared capacity (up to 10GB per user).
Premium-Premium Per User(PPU):Per user/month  A user can collaborate with other users on reports published to shared capacity (up to 100GB per user).Your entire PPU tenant has the same 100 TB storage limit that is applied to a Premium capacity.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Premium-Premium per capacity:Per capacity/month  It is not assigned to individual users but the entire organization. Within the subscription, an organization receives a dedicated Premium capacity. Storage is set to 100 TB per capacity node.  Users who have capacity assignment permissions can assign a workspace to the capacity.

Note that you can only select one license mode per workspace.

veasonfmsft_0-1666940805107.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors