Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manage alerts sent to others

Hi, 

Is it possible to set up a alerts on changes in values and sent auto mail to Others?

I can only see alerts sending to the one who created the alert. (changing dashboard tiles).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I think you can't send alerts you create in Power Bi with Power Bi to other users in organization just with Power Bi. You'll need a Power Automate flow for this. Check the last option when creating an alert. It says "Use Microsoft Power Automate to trigger additional actions". With this you can create a flow when the alert is activated do something. In this case send mails. There are several ways to send mails, some of those are free. At the end should be like this:

automate alertmailautomate alertmail

That should send an email to anyone about an alert in Power Bi.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I think you can't send alerts you create in Power Bi with Power Bi to other users in organization just with Power Bi. You'll need a Power Automate flow for this. Check the last option when creating an alert. It says "Use Microsoft Power Automate to trigger additional actions". With this you can create a flow when the alert is activated do something. In this case send mails. There are several ways to send mails, some of those are free. At the end should be like this:

automate alertmailautomate alertmail

That should send an email to anyone about an alert in Power Bi.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors