cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Making published report READONLY for certain users

• I am signed in Power BI by using users' credentials who is Global Admin in my Azure subscription.
  • While I was signed in I created a report in power BI and Published it so it is available on the Web.
  • Then I created another user in my Azure subscription which is just regular User (not admin)

If I use credentials corresponding to the regular User (who didn't create the report) and login into the published report then I am able not only view it but also Edit and even see GetData menu available.

How to prohibit this regular user from editing anything? I want that user to be able to only view and filter the published report but not to change it.

Note that creating and then sharing a Dashboard doesn't seem to be an option because a dashboard is very limited for my needs:

ZoomIn/Exp​and Visualizat​ion in a Shared Dashboard

Unable to filter in Dashboard

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Making published report READONLY for certain users

You could look into creating Shared Workspaces.  One you have created one of these you can add members as Admins or Members. 

Members should only have read-only access and should only.  The shared workspaces probably give you a better environment if you end up looking after more users.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Making published report READONLY for certain users

Did you mean Group Worskapces? I have created one and now I understand what you were talking about, yes, it allows me to add users with specific permissions which sounds promising but I have not figured out how I could add an existing report (from another workspace - My Workspace which is default one):

GroupWorkspace.png

Do I need to create my report from scratch or there are ways to share what I have already done (in another workspace?) ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Kudoed Authors