Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Making copies of reports and new working spaces

Dear Community,

It looks like it is not possible to make a copy of reports anymore ("You don't have any workspaces where you can copy content. Learn more").

I understand this might be related to the implementation of the new working spaces and related upgrade, which is currently happening. In the meantime, is there a way to make a copy of a report? Or is it possible to do the upgrade to new working spaces ourselves?

We have premium license clearly.

Many thanks!

Luca

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You only see the Save a copy icon if the report is in a new experience workspace or classic workspace, and you have Build permissions. Even if you have access to the workspace, you have to have Build permissions for the dataset. See more: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-datasets-copy-reports.

52.png

In Power BI Service, the workspace you created is by default new experience workspace instead of classic workspace currently, otherwise you click "Revert to classic" button when create workspace.

You can learn more about the differences between the new experience workspace and classic workspace: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-new-workspaces#how-the-new-workspaces-are-different .

What's more, workspace upgrade feature has not released. You can check below link to know the plan of feature release: What’s new and planned for business intelligence#Power BI Service .

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai ,

thanks!

I do have building permission, but I am on a 'classic' workspace which was created a few months ago. That's why I was wondering (if this is what is keeping me from having the possibilty of copying the report) if I can upgrade it myself (BTW: I do see the icon, but If I click on it I get the following message:  'You don't have any workspaces where you can copy content. Learn more'.

Luca

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors