Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BLemay
Frequent Visitor

Making a report with different data source which some are not available on my computer

I work for a multi-company group and all of the companies have a data gateway that I have access to. Is there any way for me to create a report that would consolidate those different sources that are not accessible from my computer?

I have access to remote computers for all of those sources. 

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there

In order for that to work where you need access for both of them, I can only think of creating a dataflow which would allow you to get the data from each SQL system in each company.

You could then import the dataflow using Power BI Desktop from both the dataflows you created earlier?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could I ask what you mean by "consolidate those different sources that are not accessible from my computer"?

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ 

I have access to a SQL database for one company on my personal computer and I need to go through a remote desktop to access another SQL database. Both have a gateway already setup, but I can't create a report with both database because I need to have access to both on PowerBI desktop. 

I would like to have something for each company like "Division | GL | Amount" and append them all to make a report out of it.

Hi there

In order for that to work where you need access for both of them, I can only think of creating a dataflow which would allow you to get the data from each SQL system in each company.

You could then import the dataflow using Power BI Desktop from both the dataflows you created earlier?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors