Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Black_Mamba
Frequent Visitor

Make report default to last 3 months on first open.

Hi guys, 

I'm looking for a way to get my report to open that last 3 months by default(when opened first) and then let the user select a specific date range from a date slicer that exists in the report to view the stats over that date range say last 6 months. Appreciate your inputs on getting this done. Cheers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok yes, we can do this as well!  We just need to get a little trickier.  We can set up some buttons to show/hide different elements on a page, including slicers.  All you'd need to do is have both elements on the page, but have 1 shown and the other hidden.  Set up Bookmarks for each configuration and have buttons to switch between the two.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

If memory serves me right, the idea i'm thinking of occurs in the below video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m-PCX1uCG4

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Black_Mamba
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys, 

I'm looking for a way to get my report to open that last 3 months by default(when opened first) and then let the user select a specific date range from a date slicer that exists in the report to view the stats over that date range say last 6 months. Appreciate your inputs on getting this done. Cheers

Hi @Black_Mamba,

Please go thorugh the below link , which is for 6 month Example, you can change in same for 3 months.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DAX-formula-to-return-data-for-last-6-months/td-p/50455

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Select the Slicer Visual, using your Date field.  On the top right hand corner of the slicer visual is a "v" icon (appears when you hover the mouse over).  Select "Relative".  Set the 3 month specification there.  This will act as the default and the user can select other ranges.

This does not solve the issue. I want the report to show the last 3 months by default, but the user to be able to select a specific date range for example: 01/01/2018 to 15/01/2018(not in last 3 months).

Currently I have it setup with one relative slicer for last 3 months and another one for in bettween dates allowing user to select specific dates.

What I want to do is get rid of the first slicer so the report opens for the last 3 months by default, but if the user wants to change the dates to custom dates from anytime they can. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok yes, we can do this as well!  We just need to get a little trickier.  We can set up some buttons to show/hide different elements on a page, including slicers.  All you'd need to do is have both elements on the page, but have 1 shown and the other hidden.  Set up Bookmarks for each configuration and have buttons to switch between the two.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If memory serves me right, the idea i'm thinking of occurs in the below video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m-PCX1uCG4

Hat tip to you sir, not ideal, but serves my purpose for now 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors