Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lcasey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Major Outage - Microsoft has destroyed our Power BI site!

All,

Microsoft has made some sort of update that killed Row Level Security in our tennant.  All empoloyees are now able to see confidential data including Payroll info , Bonuses, saleries and other confidential data.

RLS was working just fine, all of the sudden all RLS is being ignored and users can see everything!!! I have checked and RLS is still set correctly.

This is a huge issue. It was working fine , then today we had people actually quit thier jobs after obtaining access to confidential salary Information!!!!!

This si not good. I suggest everyone immediatly check RLS and ensure that it is still working!

Microsoft, This is the worst thing you have ever done and you have Crippled our organization with your inadequate development!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You should really file this under "Issues". Has anyone else confirmed this?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

case #: [REG:117020915296223] Row Level Securityt not working 

It looks like this is for a specific report and I am waiting for a Root Cause Anaylses. 

I have verified with the support technician everything is setup exactly as it should be. Testing RLS within the Power BI service by doing a "Test as Role"  works, however, the end user is still able to see all the data in that report!

I created a brand new report and RLS was Honored.

I am awaiting a RCA to understand why this 1 specific report is not honoring RLS.

Hi @lcasey,

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems that you already open a support ticket to Microsoft, right? I also found the same issue reported internally CRI 31182574, I will keep an eye on this issue and update to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors