Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mangal999
Frequent Visitor

Mailto link with Dashboard Tile

Hello Everyone,

I want to add a tile in dashboard and if I click on this tile, then draft outlook mail should open. Is there any way to achive the functionlity?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
mangal999
Frequent Visitor

Hi, you can create mailto link for your mail content and then convert this mailto link in short url with the help of tinyurl website or any other. Use this shorl url link url field of dashobard tile. It will work for me. please let me know if you need any help.

Please accept the solution if it work for you.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @mangal999 ,

yes, that's possible. But as far as I know only with the Text Box tile and link like "mailto:name@company.com". Check the short video I did:

mailto.gif

Of course you can format the text, that it looks better.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Thanks Selimovd for your response.

Actually my requirment is like, If I click tile (Its like an image tile) then outlook draft mail should open. 

Text box tile also fine, but It would be great if we can create image tile with mailto link.

Thanks,

hey @mangal999 ,

Even i have the same requirement, i need to add a mailto link to a image tile in the Power BI dashboard, have you found any solution to this problem. If yes, please feel free to share 😅.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors