Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FranMullor_Quol
Regular Visitor

MailOnCompletion don´t work in dataflow refreshes

When I refresh a dataflow with Power BI API including in body { "notifyOption": "MailOnCompletition" } or { "notifyOption": "MailOnFailure" } don´t receive the notification via email with dataflow refresh end.

However that same procedure works correctly when I refresh dataset via API Power BI 

6 REPLIES 6
PBI-BOLA
Frequent Visitor

For all interested Microsoft has just released some new preview connectors for Power Automate so you can now create flows that address this problem. 

Currently there are two connectors, a trigger "When a dataflow refresh completes" and an action "Refresh a dataflow" both very useful. I've already used tested it to daisy chain my dataflow to dataset refreshes.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-dataflows-power-automate-connector-public-previe...

Yes, indeed this has been announced recently and is the best way. I have already tested it and used it successfully in my updates

Publicación | Feed | LinkedIn

FranMullor_Quol
Regular Visitor

There is no solution for sending but if there is already an endpoint that can be attacked with power shell to get after the completion of the update of the dataflow directly run the update of dependent datasets.

In addition to Power Shell I have managed to automate this process in power bi by creating a dataset that calls power shell with an R.

I have it documented in my blog but it is in Spanish

Automatización de las actualizaciones de dataflows y datasets - (powerbisp.com)

PBI-BOLA
Frequent Visitor

Apologies for reviving an old thread but was there solution found to this? I'm not receiving completion notifications either.

I want to set up a power automate flow that will automatically refresh a dataset when the dataflow refresh finishes but without an email I have no way to set an accurate trigger (at the moment I'm using a delay of the estimated datflow refresh time in my flow)

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FranMullor_Quol ,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce your issue.

You can create a support ticket for further help.

Support_Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't think it's a support issue.

The power bi API documentation clearly states that you can receive notifications with a sentence in the body of the request.

However, this notification is not received when it is a dataflow and if it is received when the request is also included in the refresh of a dataset.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/dataflows/refreshdataflow

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors