Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dmgdotnet
Advocate I
Advocate I

MSOLAP version for Enterprise Gateway

I've noticed the Enterprise Gateway installs MSOLAP 5 and it doesn't seem to use any other version even if I have the latest client libraries installed on the same machine. 

In the Gateway logs I notice entries like: 

AdoNetDBFullConnectiongString: Service Msolap progid is different with on-prem. Service:MSOLAP.5. On-Prem:MSOLAP.8.

Optional command property c8b522be-5cf3-11ce-ade5-00aa0044773d:BOOKMARKS is not supported by MSOLAP.8

My question is, is it possible to update this to the latest version and is there any benefit in doing so? I can't find much info or release notes on the differences between the versions.

5 REPLIES 5
PavloEstevas

Same problem here, did you guys ever work out a solution?

dmgdotnet
Advocate I
Advocate I

Not sure why this was marked as solved, it definitly wasn't me that marked as solution and this is not solved.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi dmgdotnet,

Analysis Services utilize three client libraries, also known as data providers. ADOMD.NET and Analysis Services Management Objects (AMO) are managed client libraries. The Analysis Services OLE DB Provider (MSOLAP DLL) is a native client library. Typically, all three are installed at the same time. Azure Analysis Services requires the latest versions of all three libraries.

So you should download and update the three lastest client libraries for connecting to azure analysis services. Please refer to the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-data-providers.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy Tao,

Replying again as I can't see my first attempt on the thread, apologies if this gets posted twice.

Thanks for the reply but I'm specifically referring to the Enterprise Gateway which seems to install and use the old version of the provider no matter what I have already available on the server at the time of installation.  

The Gateway has it's own copy of the dlls in it's installation directory and there are no instructions on upgrading this or if we should.

Edit: Typo

I have exactly the same issue. Downloaded gateay today. Runing SQLServer 2016 SP2 Enterprise.

Help needed urgently.

Kind regards Göran

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors