Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PW_jdiamond

MS Lists integration (vizualize in PowerBi) no option to download PBIX

With MS Lists integration with PowerBi, does anyone know how I can download the PBIX file from when you 'visualize the list'? I don't see an option while on the PowerBi page. It's not bringing in half of the list columns, so I'd rather just be able to work with it on the desktop version.

PW_jdiamond_0-1669998983904.png

PW_jdiamond_1-1669999061535.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PW_jdiamond 

Visualize the list can help you to create reports quickly from data in SharePoint lists or libraries. Power BI automatically generates the visuals for you . However, this does not mean , that it will have all the features of PBI Service report . If you want to download pbix file , I suggest you install Desktop, then create the report on Desktop and publish it to Service. 

Here are some relevant restrictions that you can refer to .

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-export-to-pbix#limitations

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PW_jdiamond 

Obviously, your requirement is not currently supported. You can mention your idea to the Ideas forum. If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PW_jdiamond 

Visualize the list can help you to create reports quickly from data in SharePoint lists or libraries. Power BI automatically generates the visuals for you . However, this does not mean , that it will have all the features of PBI Service report . If you want to download pbix file , I suggest you install Desktop, then create the report on Desktop and publish it to Service. 

Here are some relevant restrictions that you can refer to .

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-export-to-pbix#limitations

Best Regards,

It appears to have all of the features that any other file does on the service, except the ability to download the PBIX file. I can generate any number of report pages with any visuals connecting to the List data. In the link, I don't see anything I'm experiencing under those limitations. The List has about 15 custom columns that have been added over time, and I can't see any of those in the powerbi 'visualize' to create visuals from. Seems like a bug to me, and I rather just get the PBIX if it was possible (sounds like it's not possible here).

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It will be easier if you start on the Power BI Desktop and connect to the sharepoint list from there.  Beware of lookup fields, multiline text fields etc.  Lots of limitations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors