Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jotafilms

MONITOR SERVER STATUS

Hi, I'm new to powerBI and would like some help. where I work I have some servers with internal IP and I would like to make a report in BI with the status of the server. whether it is online or not in real time. is there a tool within BI for such a function?

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @jotafilms,

Did these servers have the same data structure?
If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you deploy a web service on a device that can access external networks and configure a proxy on this server to pull data from these dynamic endpoint servers.

After these, you can use power bi web connector and above web service to get data from dynamic internal servers and design reports. (for web service data source, it not required gateway to handle refresh)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Sure. Set up some web calls to your servers and handle the scenario when they don't respond.

Note that these web servers are probably on-premise, so that means you also need to setup a gateway 

Then set up scheduled refresh on the service (or API based refresh requests).

And lastly you need to create a dashboard. Reports will not work because they do not auto-update from web data sources.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors