Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

guptasunal
Helper I
Helper I

MFA causing Dynamics CRM data refresh Error

Hi All

I have an error which occurs while refreshing the Dynamics CRM data on Power BI service. The data auto refreshes for a week but then the authentication method resets to 'Anonymous' from 'OAuth2' and says the credentials are not provided. We have MFA in place that we cant disable, it seems that MFA is causing this behaviour. 

Do you know if Power BI started supporting MFA or if there is any exisitng workarounds around this.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I would appreciate your comments, since you have posted quite a bit around this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
msftnfp
Employee
Employee

Hello - My team is currently using a service account for the data refresh (scheduled) to exchange data from D365 CE to PBI report.

Microsoft is now enforcing MFA on all accounts and that includes service accounts also. With this in consideration, how do i do this data refresh with MFA enabled ? 

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @guptasunal,

Can you switch back to "OAuth2"? It seems MFA support is still on the way. Please refer to Two-factor-authenticationmfa-authentication.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft What do you mean? Does that mean i will need to manually enter credentials every week in my reports, and that this can't be automated right now?

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I would appreciate your comments as well, since you have posted quite a bit around this issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors