Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MAQ Software Cylindrical Gauge - Problems with Tooltip

@MAQSupport  I used the Cylindrical Gauge before and it always showed the Tooltip message when scrolling the mouse over the object. But now It doesn't show, and I don't have any option to activate it. Is there any problem with the last update of Power BI? And the problem occurs just with this object, I have another Graphic (lines) and it shows the tooltip:

ryatacom_0-1615041370232.png

But when I move the mouse over the Cylindrical Gauge nothing happens. 

5 REPLIES 5
russo_mr
Regular Visitor

Hi

(This Question was asked about 1-year ago from today, but since I hit a similar problem, I thought I would "reply" anyway with the "2-step workaround" that solved the issue for me). 

I hit a similar problem when trying to control the "ToolTip" property of the custom visual ("Circular Gauge") developed by ("MAQ Software"). With all the "standard" Microsoft visuals made available in Power BI Desktop, you have the option to turn the "ToolTips" property on/off. 

However, with the Circular Gauge custom visual, it seems that the Developers have not exposed the “ToolTips” property, so turning ToolTips on/off could not be controlled with the Circular Gauge visual. 

Despite not having direct control of the ToolTips properties, this is the 2-step "workaround" that I used to control the ToolTips when hitting a similar problem. 

• Workaround:
    1. Swap over the custom visual ("Circular Gauge") to another similar standard built-in visual and then toggle property, ToolTips = “on” (or "off", as needed), on the standard visual. 
    2. Swap back to the custom visual ("Circular Gauge"). 

Circular Gauge then inherits the ToolTips property you just set with the last visual that you were using.  

P.S. Pretty impressed with that Circular Gauge tool otherwise ... thank you MAQ Software! 

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Your problem in Power BI Service is that when you move your mouse over line chart, tooltip works well. 

However, when you move your mouse over MAQ Software Cylindrical Gauge visual, tooltip disappears.

In my test, tooltip works well in service on MAQ Software Cylindrical Gauge visual.

1.png

Here I have some advice:

1. MAQ Software Cylindrical Gauge is a custom visual from App Source, so you need to add it into your organization visual in admin portal.

You can turn on "This visual will appear in the visualizations pane for the organization". To use admin portal, you need to be a Global admin or a Power BI admin.

3.png

Then edit your report, select the visual to rebuild MAQ Software Cylindrical Gauge by new icon in Power BI Service.

4.png

Save and see whether the tooltip will work.

2. You can check whether your browser is supported by Power BI.

Blog: Supported browsers for Power BI

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the answer but the problem is happening with Power BI Desktop, I haven't upload the report yet. As you can see in the image, the Tooltip doesn't appear.Mouse Over Cylindrical GaugeMouse Over Cylindrical Gauge

Hi @Anonymous 

In my desktop, tooltip will show when I move my mouse over MAQ Software Cylindrical Gauge visual.

1.png

Please check the version of your Power BI Desktop. 

If it is not the latest version (2.90.1081.0), update it to the latest version and try again.

Link to download latest version: Link

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found the issue ( I think), when I use the Cylindrical Gauge wthout the "Max " Value, it whos the tooltip, as you can see:

ErrorCylindricalGauge1.png

But when I put the "Max" value from a table, it doesn't show it:

ErrorCylindricalGauge2.png

(the mouse is over the Cylindrical gauge in this image)

So the issue appears when I fill the "Max" Value, copuld you please help me?.

Regards

Robert Yataco

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors