Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RandyPgh
Resolver III
Resolver III

M365 Developer Program and Premium Per User licensing

I'm really appreciating the M365 Developer program. As a Power BI developer, the Developer program provides great opportunity to grow my knowledge of M365, Power BI, and their interactions. However, even though it has premium Information Protection and Active Directory licensing, it lacks Power BI Premium features. With the release of Premium Per User capacities, is it possible to add PPU to my Developer licensing, either in a paid fashion or as part of the free Developer program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RandyPgh ,

Thank you for your trust, adding PPU to Developer licensing in a paid way will soon be allowed. For details, please refer to official documents.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1615799026922.png

Official document link.

If the problem is still not resolved, please  let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JimK
Frequent Visitor

I see that purchasing Premium per User is now an option for the M365 Developer Program.

However, the cost is $20/month, rather than the $10/month I was expecting (since tenant is E5/Power BI Pro included already).

Not only that... I swear when I checked a couple months ago, it WAS $10/month.  Not sure what happened.

Can anyone else confirm the price they are seeing?  Thank you 

I don't see the PPU in my available services to purchase. What path did you take to see the $20 price?

JimK
Frequent Visitor

While in a Power BI workspace, I clicked the workspace Settings > Premium > Premium per user. Then clicked save.  Dialog popped up with a Buy now button.

(I did not see an option to buy in the 365 Admin Center)

JimK
Frequent Visitor

Well, I opened case with Microsoft to confirm the price, assuming it was just a glitch. Unfortunately, I was told PPU would be $20/month for M365 Developers.  Doesn't make sense to me, but oh well. Too rich for me to consider...I was already debating when I thought it was $10.

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RandyPgh ,

Thank you for your trust, adding PPU to Developer licensing in a paid way will soon be allowed. For details, please refer to official documents.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1615799026922.png

Official document link.

If the problem is still not resolved, please  let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors