Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

peter_meshkoff

Lost ability to edit my own content packs

Hello everyone! I have suddenly lost the ability to publish any edits to my own content packs, but am able to create a new content pack and publish it.

I have no idea whether this is related to the fact that I recently tried to install a new "On Premises gateway (Personal Mode)" which hung up and required a total of ~ 7 hours of help from Microsoft spread over 4 days to get it back up again; we had to make edits to some config files on the server and do a few other things but I don't see how that would cause this problem. Could just be a coincidence.

I have tried signing out of Power BI, clearing my browser cache, and rebooting my PC, all with no luck.

Has anyone ever run into this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I spoke with a rep from Microsoft and he gave me a workaround; always edit your description when you add or delete someone from the content pack even if there is no need to change the description. Once I did that the Edit button changes from Gray to Yellow.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @peter_meshkoff,

Can you provide more detailed information about this? I'm not so clear for your scenario.

For instance:

1. Any error message or no responding when you edit the content packs?

2. Datasource type and connection mode.

3. Refresh states and history.

In addition, if you really have no ideas to resolve it, I want to suggest you use original datasets to create new content packs to replace previous packs.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I spoke with a rep from Microsoft and he gave me a workaround; always edit your description when you add or delete someone from the content pack even if there is no need to change the description. Once I did that the Edit button changes from Gray to Yellow.

Thanks for your reply, Xiaoxin Sheng!

1. There is no error message; the "Update" button at the buttom simply remains grayed out instead of turning yellow like it normally does when you make changes => can't make the update happen.

2. The data sources are multiple SQL databases and Excel files posted on SharePoints; they do vary by dashboard. The data sources have been used successfuly for weeks with no changes so I would be surprised if they suddenly became the problem all at the same time.

3. The dashboards are being refreshed by the brand new on-premises gateway (personal mode) that Microsoft said we had to shift to before the end of the month.

I'm not able to take your suggestion to just create new content packs and switch to them because I found I cannot edit the new content packs either.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors