cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Lost Apps Link / navigation changes

Has something changed with the layout of the navigation bar in the last couple of days?

I've lost the Apps link and everything else seems to have changed with workspaces etc as well.

This is what I get now. I think it kind of looks like the really old navigation options but as you can see, I do have the preview navigation turned on. I've tried turning it off but that made no difference, and then turned it back on but still the same.

I'm guessing this is either a Microsoft change or something our O365 admins can change and they've done something without checking with us?

powerbinav.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Re: Lost Apps Link / navigation changes

Yes, @anthony2k17, I'm seeing the same, I don't see the Apps link, nor the "Shared With Me". I can find the shared content in other ways, but there seems to be no way to get access to Apps ?!!?? This is certainly a Microsoft change, as I am admin, and have made no changes. I hope thy change it back soon, or provide some other way to access Apps.

Stuart

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm seeing the same thing.  The Apps link was there last night but gone this morning.  What happened?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue at our organization. Has anyone got an update from this?

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same here. It's bad. 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, do any of you other users with the problem have full pro or premium paid accounts? We're all on trial accounts currently and it seems us trial users cannot raise actual support tickets here:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

We've discovered a direct URL to the apps page that still works for us as a temporary solution until Microsoft fixes the navigation panel:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @anthony2k17,

would users that have the shared link to the app page. Would they still be able to access the apps through the url as well?

cheers

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

I found a workaround.

If you click on any report on the left hand side, then when the report opens, you'll get a link to apps at the top of the screen.

If you then click on "Apps" you'll see the regular apps menu. 

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I'm hoping this will be fixed very soon as it's how my organization view PBI reports!!

Strange that they've "refreshed" the navigation without a post on the blog...

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Whatever's going on, it's a pretty breaking change - came into the office this morning and the whole navigation is a bit of a mess. No-one can intuitively find our apps, including myself, which is a shame as our users have taken to the concept very well and now they're all stuck. I was hoping that it might be a preview issue, as I had that setting still switched on from when the new layout was announced a while back, but looks like it's definitely for everyone.

We've also observed:

• The app workspace content getting mixed-in with personal workspace content
  • Breadcrumbs in the navigation getting mesed up if you click on a report and then another one - sometimes the report gets tacked onto the end with the previous app's workspace in there somewhere
  • Correct breadcrumbs, with another app's header bar (with the customised icon, colour and description) being displayed underneath, e.g.:

Weird_Navbar.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors