Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost Apps Link / navigation changes

Has something changed with the layout of the navigation bar in the last couple of days?

I've lost the Apps link and everything else seems to have changed with workspaces etc as well.

This is what I get now. I think it kind of looks like the really old navigation options but as you can see, I do have the preview navigation turned on. I've tried turning it off but that made no difference, and then turned it back on but still the same.

I'm guessing this is either a Microsoft change or something our O365 admins can change and they've done something without checking with us?

powerbinav.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

My navigation has reverted back to the OLD style. Come on Microsoft, this is poor testing on your part and significant changes such as this should have been noticed immediately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was the old style this morning but is now back to the new one.  Is it fixed for everyone else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah!!! its back to normal now. 🙂

Thank you to those who reported the unexpected issues with navigation earlier today. We have fixed the problem and the navigation is functioning normally again now.

hello, 

It´s normal the pubblishing of the apps are OK but the update apps content is not???

Ocorreu um problema

Falha ao publicar aplicação.
Tente novamente mais tarde ou entre em contacto com o suporte. Se contactar o suporte, forneça estes detalhes.

ID de atividade4981f2a5-858a-4e58-b0e1-be8d6ab0aaed
ID do Pedido588ba451-ed3d-8e5f-cd58-cd1ed3d00ba4
ID de correlação48764f8f-b7f6-1250-5b8f-b8e4ada8f4e5
HoraMon Aug 07 2017 17:44:37 GMT+0100 (Hora de Verão de GMT)
Versão13.0.2025.193

Back to normal here too!

Yep all fixed for me too.

What a relief!!

Very happy to see it's back!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

TonyGaul
Advocate I
Advocate I

Also AppSource is showing only our old content packs and not the new Power BI apps in the My Organization View.

Additional we have been providing Power BI App url's to the business and the apps are redirecting to a dashboard landing page although we have specifically requested a report landing page.  Not sure if this is related.

Duplicate issue here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Apps-Missing/idc-p/221721#M11369

JettMan
Frequent Visitor

I am seeing the same issues with our organisation? Some very strange things happening... not able to view Apps anymore, old content packs are showing up that were previously deleted? If I unpublish an App & then publish it again I am being directed to a dashboard on my Workspace?

MaxW
Advocate II
Advocate II

Me too! The reports are all over the place, there are duplicates, I have security concerns too as some reports have appeared in other groups workspaces! What a mess!

dm-p
Super User
Super User

Whatever's going on, it's a pretty breaking change - came into the office this morning and the whole navigation is a bit of a mess. No-one can intuitively find our apps, including myself, which is a shame as our users have taken to the concept very well and now they're all stuck. I was hoping that it might be a preview issue, as I had that setting still switched on from when the new layout was announced a while back, but looks like it's definitely affecting all our folks here.

We've also observed:

• The app workspace content getting mixed-in with personal workspace content in the LHS navigation pane
  • Breadcrumbs in the navigation getting messed up if you click on a report and then another one - sometimes the report gets tacked onto the end with the previous app's workspace in there somewhere
  • Correct breadcrumbs for our report, with another app's header bar (with the customised icon, colour and description) being displayed underneath, e.g.:

Weird_Navbar.png

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

lordtopcat
Helper I
Helper I

I'm hoping this will be fixed very soon as it's how my organization view PBI reports!!

Strange that they've "refreshed" the navigation without a post on the blog...

Whatever's going on, it's a pretty breaking change - came into the office this morning and the whole navigation is a bit of a mess. No-one can intuitively find our apps, including myself, which is a shame as our users have taken to the concept very well and now they're all stuck. I was hoping that it might be a preview issue, as I had that setting still switched on from when the new layout was announced a while back, but looks like it's definitely for everyone.

We've also observed:

• The app workspace content getting mixed-in with personal workspace content
  • Breadcrumbs in the navigation getting mesed up if you click on a report and then another one - sometimes the report gets tacked onto the end with the previous app's workspace in there somewhere
  • Correct breadcrumbs, with another app's header bar (with the customised icon, colour and description) being displayed underneath, e.g.:

Weird_Navbar.png

Same with me. Complete navigation changes when I opened it this morning and this seems like it moved to older version. Please let me know when this is fixed.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Siva

zivhimmel
Resolver I
Resolver I

I found a workaround.

If you click on any report on the left hand side, then when the report opens, you'll get a link to apps at the top of the screen.

If you then click on "Apps" you'll see the regular apps menu. 

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, do any of you other users with the problem have full pro or premium paid accounts? We're all on trial accounts currently and it seems us trial users cannot raise actual support tickets here:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

We've discovered a direct URL to the apps page that still works for us as a temporary solution until Microsoft fixes the navigation panel:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

would users that have the shared link to the app page. Would they still be able to access the apps through the url as well?

cheers

zivhimmel
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same here. It's bad. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same issue at our organization. Has anyone got an update from this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors