Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RandyPgh
Resolver III
Resolver III

Looping on Dataflow function causes repeated credential requests

My project has Power BI getting Sharepoint list version history via REST API calls. Use of this community-shared function works well in the Power BI desktop and deployed dataset. Adding to this solution the "Invoke Function" button to add a new column, the function is called across a set of list items to successfully pull each item's version history. However, when I move the function and table to a dataflow, the function repeatedly asks for credentials to be entered. Any thoughts for getting to a single REST API call or for keeping the credential request to a maximum of one time?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The thread you reference has a potential solution at the very bottom, but it comes at a cost:

I found a work around. Load the data into a DataFlow first. In your Dataflow there is an Options button. In there click Project Options. Check the box "Allow combining data from multiple sources. This could expose sensitive or cofidential data to an unauthorized person.". With that set the query can now pull the data from both SharePoint and WebContent.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors