cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beautifulhomes Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Locked out of admin account- can't change/reset user PowerBI passwords

Hi All,

Not sure the right section to post this but I can't access support help anywhere else.

We are a small business that are locked out of our main administrator account on PowerBI. I am the sole director and setup accounts for our clients/employees on PowerBI but I have lost access to the main global administrator account (password has expired/changed/no longer works). I can't raise a support ticket as the accounts are not yet upgraded nor can I upgrade as only the admin account can upgrade accounts.

Is there some way to reset the password of the admin account? I have access to the email address it was registered under but it is impossible to raise a support ticket or email anyone from support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Locked out of admin account- can't change/reset user PowerBI passwords

Hi @beautifulhomes,

Please follow this article to get support: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-forgot-your-password

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
beautifulhomes Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi can anyone assist with this?

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @beautifulhomes,

Please follow this article to get support: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-forgot-your-password

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mahe72 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

More than a year and a half since I'm using PBI, but I'm having trouble signing in, today
Account locked!!!
How can I unlocked? what is the email contact for support/admin?

Thanks in advance.