Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LucianaDomene
Frequent Visitor

Lock the share button after publish to web

Hello,

I published a report to web and get the URL that I can share to others users in my company.

But I'm worry about the share button that appears in the screen, take a look at the print screen.

It is possible to unable that option?

share option.png

I don't want anyone else can share anything besides me.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @LucianaDomene,

Only if I pin the entire report page to a dash, but it didn't looks good. It's too small (there is too much content in the report, I guess)
We can change the size of the report page on that pined dashboard.

You can pin your entire report to a dashboard as a live page. After pin the live page, you can you can do things like rename, resize, link, and move the pinned report page from the navigation pane, select the dashboard with the new live tile.

Reference
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-pin-a-live-tile-to-a-dashboard-fro...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

@LucianaDomene You can do that in Settings -> Admin Portal -> Tenant Settings

There are options in there that allow you to disable actions in Power BI. The new version now allows you to selectively choose a group or person and still have it enabled for other users. More details here

(You will need either O365 admin permissions, or be assigned the Power BI Serivce Admin role in O365 to see and have access to the Admin Portal under Settings)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@LucianaDomene Publish to Web is for external or public information only. You are exposing the information to the internet, it is designed for all to share. Is there a reason you are using this method instead of using dashboard sharing in the tool? 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer I created a report with slicers, and I couldn't use the slicers in a dashboard. That is main reason.

Only if I pin the entire report page to a dash, but it didn't looks good. It's too small (there is too much content in the report, I guess)

Is there other way to use all my content with some filters at a dashboard? I want the user be free to change the filters.

Thank you.

Hi @LucianaDomene,

We can change the size of the report page on that pined dashboard.

You can pin your entire report to a dashboard as a live page. After pin the live page, you can you can do things like rename, resize, link, and move the pinned report page from the navigation pane, select the dashboard with the new live tile.

Reference
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-pin-a-live-tile-to-a-dashboard-fro...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Thank you for the tips, @Seth_C_Bauer and @v-caliao-msft.

I'm trying to resize the tile.

Do you guys know if there is a way to block the option to export as power point in a report page and print?

Thank you for the help.

Best regards.

@LucianaDomene You can do that in Settings -> Admin Portal -> Tenant Settings

There are options in there that allow you to disable actions in Power BI. The new version now allows you to selectively choose a group or person and still have it enabled for other users. More details here

(You will need either O365 admin permissions, or be assigned the Power BI Serivce Admin role in O365 to see and have access to the Admin Portal under Settings)

@LucianaDomene Just share a dashboard with one tile of either the report name or image. Then have the user click on that and be taken to the report. The report level is where they can interact with the slicers/visuals most effectively. Is there something you don't like about that approach?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors