Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luis-martins
Helper I
Helper I

Location Exact of Data PowerBI

Hello this can by I bit simple but need to know how they can acess to the data that we have published online.

So we have SQL SERVERs and Excels Data, with that we have created with PowerBI Desktop reports that we have published online. I know that by documentation, all the data is stored in Azure Blob Storage and Azure SQL Server, in csv or json files.

My question is how I can access to this files\data?

Because when I go to the Portal Management of Azure I don't see anything similar to the names of my dataset. (I'm not the Admin of the Tenant of my subscription)

thank you. I hope you understand my question 😄

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @luis-martins ,

Your permissions allow you to see the Data Source or not.  You cannot see the file in the Power BI server - you can see the data in the original data source (whether SQL, csv, Excel, URL, etc.).  And, you can see that Data Source if you have the appropriate permissions in the Report/Dataset.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

Hey @luis-martins ,

So , the way that you worded the question the second time is a bit different than I took it the first time.  I thought you were asking to see the data the Power BI was using that was encrypted that was loaded to the "Power BI cloud".  But, when you ask if you can see the Gen 2 or Blob data the answer is, yes, you can.  The Gen 2 data is stored.  Assuming that you have permissions to view you can download the files from the repository.  This article will help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/datalakestorage

You can download them in a few different tools, but, this being a Power BI forum, that is what that link shows you how to view them.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @luis-martins ,

Your permissions allow you to see the Data Source or not.  You cannot see the file in the Power BI server - you can see the data in the original data source (whether SQL, csv, Excel, URL, etc.).  And, you can see that Data Source if you have the appropriate permissions in the Report/Dataset.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hello @collinq 

Well I have the credencial for my SQL Server and for the Excel.

So is impossible to see the actual files and folders that are stored in Azure Blob Storage and Azure Data Lake Gen2 is that?

Thank you a lot

Hey @luis-martins ,

So , the way that you worded the question the second time is a bit different than I took it the first time.  I thought you were asking to see the data the Power BI was using that was encrypted that was loaded to the "Power BI cloud".  But, when you ask if you can see the Gen 2 or Blob data the answer is, yes, you can.  The Gen 2 data is stored.  Assuming that you have permissions to view you can download the files from the repository.  This article will help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/datalakestorage

You can download them in a few different tools, but, this being a Power BI forum, that is what that link shows you how to view them.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors