cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaredK
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Locating filepath for OneDrive refresh files

I frequently use the OneDrive refresh method for publishing my files to the Power BI Service. It's fantastic, but sometimes the files in the OneDrive are moved or renamed. The OneDrive refresh tracks the changes and still keeps the refresh going, which is great! However when this happens it's very hard to determine which file the dataset is connected.

Has anyone discovered a way to find the filepath that a dataset is connected to? I feel like this would be super helpful.

I've created an idea for this, as I don't believe it's currently possible: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/18602671-show-filepath-for-onedri...

Jared Knutzen | Visualization Consultant
Decisive Data | www.decisivedata.net
1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @JaredK,

I don't think there is an option to locate the filepath for OneDrive that a dataset is connected to on Power BI Service currently either.

For anyone who also needs this feature, please vote the idea shared by @JaredK above, and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors