Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Randy
Frequent Visitor

Localization numeric formatting (periods and commas)

In the Netherlands, as well as a lot of other countries, we use commas to indicate the decimal place. We also use periods to seperate thousands, but only for currencies.

I have a PowerPivot datasource in which formatting is correctly displayed. However Power BI graphics (e.g.: Table and Card) always seem to display numbers in US/UK format, independent of browser settings. Can I change this somehow, or is this not possible yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

this bug was fixed in build 11.0.9169.163 (23-dec-2015)

Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

this bug was fixed in build 11.0.9169.163 (23-dec-2015)

Thanks!!!

I refreshed my reports on PBI service and unfortunately its not fixed yet.

My reports are still showing dots instead of commas and vice versa. Build 11.0.9169.208

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Yes, national formating hell was reborn from today weekly update 11.0.9169.208 😉

And new bug: time values always = 00:00

SSAS,Enterprise gateway.

11.0.9169.208.png

So this defect is not solved yet!? Can somebody re-open this one, as it is quite important for me and my users.

My version is 13 and continues with this bug any tips ?

erro.jpg

Hey Guys, 

When I use the Format Function, commas are replaced by dots (Regional Settings already set for Chile).

For Instead:

Measure = Format(Calculate(sum(xx), Filters...), "#,##0;(#,##0)")

If I take out the format function numbers appear with a dot  for thousands, on the contrary, i get commas. 

Please have you got any solution for this problem?

Best

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors