Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qsong
Helper II
Helper II

Loading data from Azure Analytics Service in Dataflow

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about how to load data from Azure Analytics Service to the dataflow. As dataflow (Get data) does not have the option for Azure Analytics Service, so I pasted M queries (advanced editor) from desktop version in the blank query (dataflow) to load the data. I am asked to choose the On-promise data gateway.

My first question is if I need to choose a gateway.

• If it is none, I will edit credentials. In this part, I can choose authentication kind - organizational account. When I try to sign in with my organizational account, it turns out that there is an unexpected error (Session ID: 3080453a-df13-41bf-a9e1-bb55cecb4e16, and Request ID: c68fd5e6-3a3e-4803-ba54-f0cdb1f17d7c) so it is unable to create an OAuth connection. My second question is why, how to solve it
  • If it is the gateway, I will add data source in the gateway management. In the data source setting, My third question: what will be the data source type for Azure Analytics Service? 

Thank you so much.

Best, Qianru

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @qsong ,

Here is a document for your reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-connect-pbi#connect-in-po...

Both Connect live and Import options are supported. However, we recommended you use live connections because Import mode does have some limitations; most notably, server performance might be impacted during import. Also, if the model is to be refreshed in the Power BI service, the Allow access from Power BI setting applies only when choosing Connect live.

So you could check if you used import mode in desktop. Refresh only supports live connection and you don't need to configure a gateway.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @qsong ,

Here is a document for your reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-connect-pbi#connect-in-po...

Both Connect live and Import options are supported. However, we recommended you use live connections because Import mode does have some limitations; most notably, server performance might be impacted during import. Also, if the model is to be refreshed in the Power BI service, the Allow access from Power BI setting applies only when choosing Connect live.

So you could check if you used import mode in desktop. Refresh only supports live connection and you don't need to configure a gateway.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors