Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading Data / Cannot Load Model

I'm stumped on this one - I've got 20 Pro Licenses at my organization, and now I've got a half dozen users who have the same problem, and are unable to load any Power BI report.  This is the second day of the problem.

The majority of my users have no issue at all, but for those 6, They get stuck in the Loading Data/Almost Done/Cannot Load Model cycle.  If I am logged in, report works fine, but if I log out, and they log on at my computer - same problem.  When they log out, and I log back in as a working user - right back to the report.

We have an On-Premise Data gateway hooking into a local SQL Server 2014.

7 REPLIES 7
Nexter
Advocate III
Advocate III

cnpeters

Ditto. North Central. 

Ditto, North Central as well. 

I am having the same issue. However limited to one PBIX file.

Interestingly when I saved the file with a different name it uploaded with no issues.

Eager to know what the issue is.

As a side note had recently updated PBI desktop.

Thank you

We had the same problema on our company. A certain user wasn't able to access 90% of reports and datasets.

For our admin user, as the oppostite, 90% of reports/datasets were actually working, 10% not.

The only solution for the user that was failing was to create a new one.

Thank you Melo. I hope this isn't needed.

If so understand why so it doesn't happen in the future.

Cheers

GKAtmoll
Regular Visitor

We are also seeing the same issue. It seems to be impacting users randomly & intermittently.

I opened a ticekt with Microsoft, but have not heard from them. Opened it with a 2hour response request and its been 4hours.

What region is your tenant in? Ours is in North Central US

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors