Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jags
Frequent Visitor

Live Custom Visuals

Hi, is there any way to display live data on custom visuals? When asking a question (i.e. count of x from last hour), the uploaded visual disappears from the visualizations pane and you cannot import visuals in Q&A. Is there any other way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jags
Frequent Visitor

It's all good now, fixed it a while ago. Peace & love.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Jags,

What kind of live data that you would like Power BI to show, and under what kind of Visuals?

For live data, we could consider connecting to the data source with Direct query, which would get the most up-to-date data in Visuals under Power Bi service. Using Direct Query would require Q&A to be enabled at the dataset settings page.

Enable Q&A for Direct Query (Preview)

There are live streams available in Power BI service also, which uses Power BI REST APIs to generate real-time dashboard,  you may check the blog below for more details:

Real-time in no time with Power BI

Please reply back if you need any further help, or if I have any misunderstandings, please also let me know.

Regards

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for the reply. We've got data coming through redshift. I really should have been more clear in my original post. So the data is updating as it comes through but only the current 200,000 rows are displayed. I need to be able to show the last hour i.e. 'count of X by X last hour'. In the Q&A bit, I'm unable to select a custom visual or import a one after asking a question.

Jags
Frequent Visitor

It's all good now, fixed it a while ago. Peace & love.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors