Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live Connected Excel Workbook in Power BI Service is not refreshing

Hi,

I built a pivot table in excel which is live connected to SSAS tabular model and then I have uploaded the file to one drive. I connected the excel from Power BI service which create the excel file under woorkbook. Now I want the excel under workbook to be up to date as the cube refreshes which is not happening, I could not schedule a refresh since it's live connected. Is there any way that we can keep this excel file up to date with changes in the cube.

Thanks! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

From this document, Importing files from OneDrive, or SharePoint Online, is a great way to make sure the work you’re doing in Excel stays in-sync with the Power BI service. Power BI automatically connects to the workbook on OneDrive, or SharePoint Online, about every hour to check for updates. If the workbook has changed, Power BI will refresh the dataset and reports in the Power BI service. In your scenario, what you need to do is to keep the Excel file hosted on One Drive to be updated once the data is updated in SSAS Tabular. And this process is not accomplished on Power BI side. Maybe you can consider using Microsoft Flow to trigger a refersh.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any update on this ? I wasn't able to find the right Microsoft Flow to refresh either of the file in OneDrive or to refresh the workbook in power bi service.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. I have seen all the Microsoft Flow Templates related to Excel refresh in One Drive. Can you point me to the correct flow that I should be using ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors